It is never too early to give your baby the gift of music!
Welcome to Kindermusik with Sandra Cathey! Please read the information below to better understand what Kindermusik is all about. What would a life be without music to help us learn and grow to reach our potential? Take a free class to find out why so many children and parents love Kindermusik with Sandra Cathey. Location: 24 Main Street, #8 in Montpelier, Vermont.
Why choose Kindermusik?
With the many different programs offered in the Central Vermont area, it is sometimes hard to make choices for your young child’s education. Which class should you choose?
In making this decision, remember two important factors: Structure and Content.
In the preschool years and through Kindergarten at the very least, it is important to give your child experiences that will not stifle his/her imagination or creativity, but rather will encourage him/her to blossom as an individual. A program that is very formal and structured might easily squelch this growing sense of self.
Keep in mind that the Kindermusik program’s mission is to help your child develop in all areas of the growth and brain development, reaching the whole child through singing, dancing, gross and fine motor skill development, and instrument playing. Through Kindermusik, your little one will experience the world of music.
In the later years of Kindermusik, 5-7 years, your child will learn to read music and expand his/her knowledge of musical styles and the language of music that has been introduced in the earlier years. Your child will learn to play glockenspiel, dulcimer and recorder. With this introduction to a percussion, a string and a wind instrument, your child will gain the knowledge to pick the instrument of his/her choice in the future years.
Kindermusik believes that the young child needs to be given the time to think, decide, express and create within a given theme.
Give your multi-talented child the gift of Kindermusik classes.
Kindermusik aids in:
1) Developing circulation, coordination, balance, social skills & bonds with parents.
2) Developing large & small motor coordination & knowledge of rhythm, tempo, pitch & dynamics in music.
3) Developing imagination, self esteem & confidence, as well as a broader knowledge of music.
4) Learning to read music, play 3 different instruments and learn about musical styles.
Early childhood music and movement classes are for:
* Birth-18 months. We dance with our babies in our arms; we play with safe toys; parents massage their children & move their limbs to the beat of a song.
* 18 mo.-3 yrs. Children dance & move to music; activities include focused listening, story time, cuddling & circle dances. We play with safe, age-appropriate instruments.
* 3-4 yrs. This class builds further musical knowledge & independence. Children are encouraged to come without their parents for half an hour. Parents will then join for a "sharing time" for 15 minutes. There are little home projects assigned for this class.
* 5-7 yrs. The children read & play music on 3 different instruments! They study a big work, such as Peter & the Wolf and learn about musical styles. Basic music theory along with learning music terminology is all part of this 4 semester course. Musical knowledge is gained and enhanced through games, dances and listening lessons.
THIS FORM IS FOR VIEWING ONLY. TO FILL OUT THIS FORM, PLEASE EMAIL: email@example.com